Garage Inc. review by Metallica

• Released: Nov 24, 1998
Metallica: Garage Inc.

Let's see. The sound on this album is great. It provides the deeper, more grungy sound of heavy metal. If you bought the album wanting the sound of Master Of Puppets, then you probably aren't too happy with the sound. But, if you wanted Metallica to take on a heavy classical metal sound, then you got it. This album is classical metal. No doubt about it. It has riffs, solos, and rhythms that are just like classical music. It provides a sound unlike anything else. That means very fast, melodic rhythms and horribly complicated yet perfectly-peiced-together solos. Only some people enjoy classical metal. That is why it was so highly criticized after "Puppets."

The lyrics expressed deep subjects that are not really allowed to be expressed in our religously dominant world. Singer skills are the same as always; if you want a screaming the lyrics in anger and hostility rather beautiful singing in your metal, then it is a keeper. The lyrics are eperfect for the music giving it support. No other terms needed.

Like I said before, this album is classical metal, so it is a "like it or not like it" album. I like it. It stands out from the other metallica albums seeing as it takes Metallica's music a step further in terms of meaning, difficulty, and style. I love the guitar parts, the fact that it is classical metal, and the fact that it sounds unlike any other Metallica album.