Garage Inc. review by Metallica

• Released: Nov 24, 1998
Metallica: Garage Inc.

Although the releases of Load and reload this album was actually pretty good. All the songs are covers. Disc 1 has all new recorded covers and Disc 2 has all their '80s and early '90s recordings which is awesome. The band done covers from bands such as Mercyful Fate, Black Sabbath, Diamond Head, Holocaust, Budgie and Motorhead. Disc 1 ain't the best. The only songs I like on disc 1 are Free Speech For The Dumb, It's Electric, Sabbra Cadabra, Die Die My Darling and Mercyful Fate. Now disc 2 is like 100 times better. You got songs that are awesome. Some of them are Helpless, The Small Hours, The Wait, Am I Evil?, Blitzkreig, Breadfan, The Prince and Overkill. The sound to disc 2 is great. The solo to the Prince is awesome and same with the cool part in the intro to Am I Evil?. The intro to Blitzkreig is cool too.

I can't realy say anything about the lyrics seeing that none of the band members made them. The lyrics are good though. You got songs like The Prince which has the cool part when James say "See his face, see his smile, time to die!" James Hetfield's vocals in disc 1 ain't the best but seeing that in disc 2 it has the '80s recordings it's awesome.

I like album just as much as Overkill's Coverkill or Megadeth's Hidden Treasures. It is the best '90s album that they ever released. The album art is pretty cool too. Inside the boolest it talks about their history and stuff with each of the artists that they done covers on. You may also noticed that the band they done the most covers on would be Diamond Head seeing that Diamond Head help inspiried them. The only thing I hate about this album is when you open it up it has a picture there saying The Metallicats Covering All Your Favorites. I though that was false advertising because Iron Maiden: The Trooper and Anthrax: Lone Justice are some of my favorite songs but they weren't there which made me sad.

KingABX345
    though it doesn' rly compete with Master Of Puppets or Kill 'Em All this is still am awsome CD u should definatly get this CD
    irriterendekage
    First dude... I agree with you, but isn't it spelled Lynyrd Skynyrd? Anyways. Yes it's an album worth buying, though it doesn't compete with older albums. Then again... Nothing does, i'd say
    Nuums
    nice cd, but I think it's a bit anti-Metallica style to do a double-cd of covers... :s
    of kitten & man
    how much swearing does "so what" have! aside from "y'all want a single" from korn that is the most swearing in a metal song that ive ever heard
    \m/ slayer \m/
    of kitten and man should listen to hate crew deathroll by children of bodom if hes never heard that many swear words in a metal song
    DeMoNhUnTeRuLeS
    sadly i think that metallica has run out of good ideas for songs. They have reduced to making a live cd and covers. We may be witnessing the demise of Metallica. May God have mercy on our souls