Kill 'Em All review by Metallica

• Released: Jul 25, 1983
Metallica: Kill 'Em All

This is a straight up trash metal record, and also one of the first of it's kind. Influenced by the sounds of the NWOBHM, Metallica produced a masterful debut album. Although the whole CD was speed track after speed track after speed track, with no ballads or anything of the sort in sight, I consider this one of my all-time favourite albums. And I LOVE ballads, so that should tell you something right there. Also, just the fact that in many tracks [I'm lookin' at you, "Four Horsemen"] the bass is just as loud as the guitar is, adds to the over quality and impression this album gives.

James Hetfield, need I say more? The Metallica frontman has spit out some of the best lyrics the metal scene [or any scene for that matter] has ever heard. Just listen to Motorbreath, and bow to the master.

The most impressive songs on this album would definatley be "Hit the Lights", "The Four Horsemen", and "Motorbreath", without a doubt. The only thing I can say about this album that I don't like is the lack of clean guitars. Slow songs make fast songs actually sound fast, and after a while of listening, don't be surprised if you think "Whiplash" could be considered a slow song. If it were stolen I would definatley buy another copy. Wait.. nevermind, because I already bought 10 :D