Kill 'Em All review by Metallica

• Released: Jul 25, 1983
Metallica: Kill 'Em All

This is Metallica's first album, and compared to their later albums, this seems kind of primitive, which, in a way, it is, since primitive means from very early times, and this is their first album. But, the sound is still excellent, although sort of samey throughout the album, with the exception of Cliff's bass solo on Anesthesia. The best part of the sound is, in my opinion, the thrashy, speedy sound. Kirk's high energy solos are awesome as well!

I am more of a music person than a lyrics person, if that makes sense. So, I haven't paid alot of attention to the lyrics of any songs other than in Four Horsemen, but only that one because I was learning it and sang along to help keep in time. James style of singing is more throaty and hard to understand throughout the album, but it fits the music style perfect!

This is oe of my favorite CDs. If it were lost or stolen, I would definately buy it again! Like I said, this sounds a little primitive compared to Metallica's later releases, especially when I listened to And Justice For All after listening to this. It is more of a sign of good things to come, but it is still excellent!