Kill 'Em All review by Metallica

• Released: Jul 25, 1983
Metallica: Kill 'Em All

The band's sound is amazing in this album. This is what Metallica should've stayed as. The music is very thrashy, and thrash - awesome. Another reason why this album's sound is great is due to the fact that Metallica included Dave Mustaine in this album, before they hired Kirk. In my opinion, I like Dave better than Kirk. James Hetfield's voice is even better due to Dave's help in back-up vocals.

The lyrics are amazing in this album, especially when compared to other Metallica albums. As with the sound, the lyrics are even better since Dave Mustaine co-wrote, and even fully wrote a few songs. Half of the album's lyrics have Dave Mustaine's name on them.

This is the album that got me into metal. This album is so much better than other Metallica albums. If this album were to be stolen or I lost it, I'd buy it again. But I never use the original albums when I listen to CDs. I burn copies to take with me to places or to let people borrow. That's just my precaution, and this album deserves that precaution.