Kill 'Em All review by Metallica

• Released: Jul 25, 1983
Metallica: Kill 'Em All

When I first heard this album I was very suprised because it is a lot different to Metallica's other albums. Some of the songs remind me of The Offsrping and the Living End however there is alot more variety in this album than those bands tend to produce. Kirk Hammet's solos were absolutely amazing and they varied right across the whole album. Another thing that I loved in this album were the use of the drums. In other Metallica albums the drums tend to get lost with the guitar riffs and solos however in this album they really stand out well.

James Hetfield sounds very young in this album. The lyrics sound great and fit in really well with the music. However Hetfield could of improved on what he was actually singing. In other albums the lyrics made you think and really spoke to you however these lyrics were just well sung and that was it.

Overall, I think this album is no doubt one of Metallica's best albums. I would encourage anyone to buy it. The things I like the most in this album are the use of the drums, the guitar solos, the consistancy in the songs and the fact it is very different from other metallica albums (almost new age punk rock). The best songs on the album are: Hit The Lights, The Four Horsemen and all of them! I would definetly buy the album again if it were stolen.