Kill 'Em All review by Metallica

• Released: Jul 25, 1983
Metallica: Kill 'Em All

Kill'Em All is one of my favourite albums of all time, I really like the "old school" feel of the album, the really fast guitar riffs, like 5 guitar solo's in one song and the little drum solos. The bass is almost as loud as the guitars! There isn't really one song on this album I don't like, they are all great, its got some pretty catchy riffs! As I said, there are alot of guitar solo's in just about every song, and they all sound very impressive and obviously very fast, they were all written by dave mustaine by the way (Dave deserves a bit of credit for this album). I like the guitar settings they have (the way they used distortion and stuff), I think they used Gibson guitars in the recording. For it's age, this album sound's very good.

There isn't really much behind the lyrics, example: "Sacnning the scene in the city tonight, looking for you to start up a fight!" Most of the lyrics are about killing, and the rest are about playing/gigging (like Whiplash and Hit The Lights). Some of the lyrics I thought were kinda funny, like hit the lights: "No life til leather!" James is kinda screaming through most of the album, his voice is ok in Kill'Em All but it's best in "...And Justice For All" (which is also an album I recomend). That's pretty much all I can say about the lyrics.

Overall, I definately recomend this album and I think it's way up there in the best of Metallica's albums. The best songs I reckon are: Hit The Lights, Four Horsemen, Motorbreath, Jump In The Fire, Whiplash and Seek And Destroy, but they are all f--in' amazing! If it was stolen or lost I would go to record shop and but 20 more, and then go to the gun shop and get a big scary gun just in case it happens again.