Kill 'Em All review by Metallica

• Released: Jul 25, 1983
Metallica: Kill 'Em All

This is an old CD! It was made in the late '70s! The sound is somewhat low quality, so you cant hear the vocals sometime. But the guitars play catchy riffs, and there is a nice bass solo with a dab of distortion, it sounds great. This CD is exelent, you can tell that this is Metallica's roots!

James hetfield is a unique singer, and a decent guitar player. Like I said, since this CD is so old, you can tell the recording technology wasn't as great as it is today, and you can't hear James's voice at sometimes becuase it is drowned out by the guitar etc, the lyrics are basically the same thing over and over. In Jump In The Fire it goes " So come on, jump in the fire!" over and over. It gets kind of annoying but hey, I like it.

This is a great CD, one of Metallica's finest, I do believe because Dave Mustaine helped produce it. I'd think this would be number 2 on my favorites from Metallica, which would be ...And Justice For All, Kill 'Em All, Master Of Puppets. I love this album, I love the fact that there is a real bass solo with distortion, you don't hear alot of that today (R.I.P. Cliff). If this CD where stolen or lost, I would buy another copy immediately. Buy this CD, you will love it!

Big Tommy P
    i reckon that album would sound different had Mustaine never been in that band. well...he did kind of invent thrash metal, so it would sound different. and don't dis St. Anger, it was different, there is no right or wrong, only differences. if you don't like it, then shut up! seriously. they are too different to compare, but i think this might be my fav album, either this or Lightning.
    SethMegadefan
    AngryGuitarist, it was not made in the late '70s, it was released in 1983. None of Metallica's material came from the late '70s.
    Albarranator
    A really good album, their firsts cd's are the greatest of their history, like this one, Ride the lightning, Master of Puppets, and ...And Justice for All got some good ones. The Balck Album was great too, the others well, it's not the Metallica thing. St. Anger Sucks!
    Disturbed42
    colm c wrote: Mustaine made it better!
    Mustaine didnt play on any metallica albums so kill em all is kirk and james on guitar not dave mustaine. dave only played in clubs with them and he was kicked out before this album was written. and when he was with them he didnt have much input, it was mainly james and lars. so basically dave didnt really have anything to do with metallica.