Kill 'Em All review by Metallica

• Released: Jul 25, 1983
Metallica: Kill 'Em All

Metallica's Kill 'Em All is quite possible their best album in my opinion. From what I've heard(tv/websites/so on) Kill 'Em All means to pretty much destroy the Pop/Hair Metal that was really big at that time (1983). I myself am not a fan of guys dressing up like chicks and trying to be "Badass" about it. The quality might not have been their greatest, but the style of the music and the meaning behind it is awesome. It has a very underground/rebel feel to it. It's one of those cds that just get you pumped up and want to jump into the closest mosh pit. "(Anesthesia) Pulling Teeth" is a bass solo by Cliff Burton, and it's one of the most amazing things I've heard played on bass. The way he uses Wah and various other pedals/sound effects, it's crazy.

The lyrics on Kill 'Em All are very awesome and orignal. The song "The Four Horsemen" refers to the band themselves and how they want to take revenge. James Hetfields vocal abilities are not their best at this time, compared to what he has today, but on this album with this music, it really fits.

"Seek and Destroy", "Hit The Lights", "Metal Milita", "No Remorse" and "The Four Horsemen" are the best songs on the album in my opinion. They seem to bring out the albums message the most. Like I said before, the album is about ending all of the crappy hair metal music of the '80s and clearly, Metallica (and the other bands that shared the same views on "hair metal") got something write, because it's not really around anymore.

Metallicafan777
    synystergabriel wrote: St. Anger wasn't bad at all you are an ***** for thinking so
    Amen. St. Anger bashing is completely ****ing annoying. And this album ROCKS LIKE NO OTHER. Next to Ride the Lightning.
    Steven Jack
    FALL TO YOUR KNEES, AND BOW TO THE PHANTOM LOOOOORRRRRDDDDD!!!!! Greatest metallica line ever!!