Kill 'Em All review by Metallica

• Released: Jul 25, 1983
Metallica: Kill 'Em All

Well first things first, this is the debut Album by Metallica, it has a Thrash/Speed Metal sound with Harsh yet Melodic Vocals and Lyrics focusing on Ass Kicking with a little bit of Political flair. In my opinion I highly enjoy there sound, it's Gritty, Fast and the songs flow extremely well, All the Musicians on the Album show there Ability highly well with the Harsh Vocals and Excellent Rhythm Guitar of James Hetfield, the Speeding, Face Melting Solos of Kirk Hammett, The damn right amazing Bass playing and Soloing (Anesthesia Pulling Teeth) of Cliff Burton (RIP) To the fast hard hitting Drums of Lars Ulrich.

The Lyrics in the songs are generally quite interesting, it is for me hard to make out what is song sometimes because of the Speed of the songs and the Clarity of James Hetfields Vocals, but other than that, very good. The Lyrics fit fairly well with the Music, however I think more attention was payed to the Music instead of the Lyrics, but they suit there purpose and don't become annoying or impossible to listen to.

Overall this is a very very good album, It defines what Thrash Metal was and it's good to see how one of the best Metal Bands of all time Started out. I would say for me the most impressive songs would be Seek and Destroy, (Anesthesia) Pulling Teeth and Am I Evil? The only thing I don't like about this Album is the Thin sounding Guitar at parts, but I don't really notice it much. If it was stolen I doubt I'd but it again because I have it copied to my Pc, but yeah I suppose I would buy it again actually.

holierthanthou1
    Mustaine didn't write any thing, he only cowrote songs. I prefer kirks solos to mustaine's anyways. Like in the four horsemen, mustaines solo is really repetive. I also think The Mechanix sounds muddier compared to The Four Horsemen + the lyrics suck ass and Dave's voice is horrible :-/ And for all you people who prefer Megadeth and are mad that Metallica kicked dave out.. If metallica hadn't kicked dave out then Metallica probably wouldn't have gotten as far as they have and there probably wouldn't be a megadeth
    Door_Man
    This is probably one of Metallica's fastest, but I think it's awesome, but not as good as Ride the Lightning or Master of Puppets. Don't get me wrong, it's still ****ing awesome too. Oh, and Dave Mustaine is a douche.
    priestfan76
    I think this is Metallica at their finest.Thi is the embodiement of thrash at it's best.In your face, fast, powerful, and solos that melt faces.This is an awesome album, and certainly one of the greates thrash albums the world has or ever will know