Kill 'Em All review by Metallica

• Released: Jul 25, 1983
Metallica: Kill 'Em All

For a cd recorded in the early eighties the sound quality is not as bad as other cds from that era. Its definatly easy to hear the bay area thrashy sound in most of the tracks. 01.Hit the Lights: perfect way to open the album. Fast, agresssive and heavy. great way to catch and keep attention. 02.The Four Horsemen: one of the best song on the cd in my opinion. Insane riffs and awesum lyrics. DEfinatly a great song for a single. 10/10 03.Motorbreath: one of my personal favs. Talks about living life fast and taking risks. 04.Jump in the Fire: really, really good song, but not good enough to be a single. But overal great song. 05.(Anesthesia)- Pulling Teeth: perfect example of why Cliff Burton was one of the all time greatest bass players to ever live. RIP. 06.Whiplash: another great song off this cd. Very fast and very easy to headbang to. 07.Phantom Lord: another very fast and agressive song. Useually on other cds this is were the ballad would be. But thats why this cd is so great because there is no ballad, just all fast all the time. 08.No Remorse: once again another awesum song. Fast and very heavy, pretty much like the enitire cd. 09.Seek and Destroy: if any song on this cd were to be a single, this is the one. very catchy intro riff thats sticks in you mind and makes you come back for more. By far the greatest song on this cd. 10.Metal Militia: perfect way to end the cd. A fast song thats leaves the listener begging for more.

Its easy to tell that this is a very young James Hetfeild and that this iss an early eighties album. Mostly screaming but that's what makes this CD stand out, no one has a voice and can sing as fast as he can. The lyrics are beyond awesum. Most every song has a story behind it, either something that happened to them or an event (like the apacolypse).

For a CD produced in '83 the sound quality is great. Although Jame's voice doesnt't reach it's perfection intil Master of Puppets (in my opinion) his voice goes with the rest of the cd. Fast, agressive, and heavy. If it were lost or stolen I would get another one imediatly. My favorite CD in my collection.

StratZatch720
    Mustaine is probably the better guitarist, but Hammet is by FAR the better person. They are both amazing guitarists, but Dave pretty much invented thrash metal. Btw, I hate Megadeth, Metallica owns XP