Live Shit: Binge & Purge [DVD] review by Metallica

• Released: Dec 11, 2002
  • Content: 10
  • Production Quality: 10
Metallica: Live Shit: Binge & Purge [DVD]

The sound of this DVD is great, but it gives you live feeling, not album sound. As many know Metallica is one of the best heavybands in this world and they know how to deliver their music. As always they preforme it well. This shows Metallica in '89 and '92, and you get three CDs with a live concert from Mexico in '93, you get very much for your money.

Content — 10
This DVD was made around the time of ...And Justice For All and Metallica so it have many songs from those albums, but there are many songs from the other albums to. This is the best live DVD concert I own, it is even better than S&M and Iron Maiden's Rock In Rio. I am very much satisfied with the setlist because there are so many good songs there. They should have had Disposable Heroes and Ride The Lightning and it would have been the perfect Metallica setlist.

It does have some photos and at the San Diego disc from '92 there is a 20 minuts long documentary about Metallica and the making of the Metallica album. And at the Seattle disc from '89 there are flash "forward" where you see what that has happened between '92 and '89. There are also many goood things such as Hammett playing Little Wing by Jimi Hendrix and Hetfield and Ulrich battling each other on the drums. Plus a long Seek And Destroy in San Diego where Hetfield is getting down with the audience and singing with them. And Lars running from one drumkit to another during a song.

Production Quality — 10
It is perfect quality which are beeing used filming theese shows. They are filmed from many different. It must have been trendy at that time, but Metalica have used it like that ever since.

It is as good as most of the album songs, the only thing which is bad is that they dont play the whole Master Of Puppets in '92. The most impressive thing about this DVD is the overall Metalica experience you get from it. I just love this DVD, can't hate Metallica! If some punk stole this disc I would buy a new, and if I knew who it was I would take it back! Boys and girls, run out and buy this now!

iljh
    For me, this is the best live concertever released on DVD or CD.
    dooshbag4life
    The Seattle show is amazing The Performance of creeping death with Jasons monster back up vocals, especially in the bridge, are amazing to listen to And the performance of One is ****ing flawless
    MotörHeadFan22
    honestly, one of the best shows i've seen in a long time. It's funny, it's music is good, and it's flawless, jason is great on vocals, oh how we miss you jason.
    Smithsc
    I've watched the DVDs many, many times and I've listened to the cds hundreds of times too. Very cool, well worth every last penny, all true Metallica fans should own this!!