Load review by Metallica

Metallica: Load

This CD is by far my favorite Metallica CD out, this one and ReLoad. The guitars and drums in some songs were mellow and calming and other songs made you wanna jump up and punch someone in the face due to your adreniline rush. I don't know, I guess that's just me, but yeah. My favorite riff on this CD had to have been either "Bleeding Me" or "King Nothing." Both of which are just kickass songs I general. I just really liked mellowness of this CD when it came up and it's a better side of Metallica in my eyes.

The lyrics on this CD were probably the most personal out of any other album. Songs about Hetfield's father and how cancer took him away (Until It Sleeps) or his relationship with his mom (Mama Said). I'm a lyric person and this CD beats any other of their releases lyrically. They're just so deep and caring (some songs are). The sound along with lyrics made the songs sound more intense and went along great with them. "Until It Sleeps" being very heavy and angry. "Mama Said" sounding calm and sad. I gotta hand it to James on this CD..and ReLoad. Around when "The Black Album" was released, his voice changed and got more melodic. I know, doesn't go with their old stuff... but it sounds better with this music and current era they are in. and that is what's important now, not back in the day, current era.

This CD, in my eyes, is better than "The Black Album". I don't know, I just like the sound of it more. We're all entitled to our opinions. "Load" is just a little bit better than "ReLoad" but not by much. This album is actually the equal to Godsmack's "IV". Both have matured writing and excellent sound. I thought all the songs on this CD were amazing. Honestly, if had lost this CD, I don't know if I would cry or kill someone. I would buy extra copeis just in case the CD were never out of my possesion. And, to let everyone know, I did not hate one thing about this CD. I loved everything.

Smithsc
    The only thing thats "utter shit" is the emo crap and linkin park, which you probably like. This album may not be face melting heavy, but 'tallica had the balls to do what they wanted and not what people like you wanted!
    chris_red
    Rambo32456 wrote: Hey bigz6006: IF you think metallica's load and reload is great you are a poser Megadeth's new stuff is way more better than metallica's I only like Metallica's first 5 cds because that is the real metallica moron Metallica's load reload s&m and st. anger shit is crap and it sucks older metallica rules newer metallica sucks retard so **** you.
    Liking Load and Reload doesn't make anyone a poser, so stop posting immature shit and chill the f**k out.
    Rambo32456
    metalifan
    Load is a good album and I think its still their worst album. It aint as heavy as their other records but I still listen to it a lot. It makes me relaxed especially Hero of the Day. Its a good album but its a load of crap compared to their earlier albums
    Metallifan2k5
    ledzppln1969, im perfectly aware that i did not include the songs you mentioned and heres my reasoning behind that: "until it sleeps" was over-played on not only my fav radio station at the time, but also on the music video channels as well, so i cannot stand the song as a result, not anymore. In the case of "bleeding me" and "outlaw torn", i found those 2 particular tracks too long and not hard enough throughout to keep my interest, unlike stuff like "justice" or "puppets". as for some of your other comments, like inquireing whether or not im retarded ill overlook cuz you seem to be as a fan as i am, remember this tho, i was simply stating my opinion on this album, nothing more and if i dont seem to see or hear what you hear outta this album, keep it to yourself, we all like different bands, songs, etc... and if someone doent get the same feeling out of an album then shit man, dont scrutinize someone for it, i mean there are ppl out there who like st. anger or hate ride the lightning(ive met people like that), so man thanks for your input on my review, just respect other ppls opinions from now on and dont razz me on my shit, k?
    uninsane_guitar
    bleeding me is the first metallica song i learned all the way through on guitar. its my favorite song by them! load and reload rule. nothing compared to ride and puppets though
    Shredslayer
    Silas S Thompso wrote: Skillet_Panhead wrote: and Rambo32456, Mustaine will NEVER be as talented a songwriter OR vocalist as Hetfield. Agreed, mustaine is NOT a singer at all! Wrong. Tell me this isn't awsome. "My life's on time, But again my sense is late. Feel a mite unsteady, But still I have to play. Six to one's the odds, And, we have the highest stakes. And, once again I gamble with my very life today. Highly polished metal, The oil makes it gleam. Fill the terror chamber, Your mind begins to scream. Your life is like a trigger, Never trouble till you're squeezed. Now you crack a smile, As you give the gun a tease." Do you think that metallica could write a song about the pressures of russian roulette. Maybe. Also, mustaine's riffs are never different, and he always sings about different things. He's also not a greedy baster. In an interview in revolver he said "If I was in it for the money, I would've stuck to drug dealing". If you listen to Killing is my business, you'll hear the most complex and fast riffs on earth. Then if you listen to risk you get stuff, like Breadline which has awsome lyrics and real deep meaning, with an almost country feel. But just for one song. Not the whole album. "A mover and shaker Getting closer to his maker Lower than a hemline Dancing on the breadline No one there to bind him Nothing to remind him Nowhere left to find him" He sings this amazingly and passionately. So maybe before you say he isn't a singer, you should listen. But, he knew he wasn't a singer. He's admitted it. He sang because no one else could match the intensity of his riffs. So, to counter his bad singing he learned to scream, growl, yell, and develop a unique voice that sounds like no one else. Every megadeth album has a different element to it, but still retains the metal sound they've always have. When they commercialized, they only shortened their songs and added older elements of Metal and rock music in to make it appeal to larger audience (without the huge backlash from fans).
    I disagree. The way you sing can often make up for average lyrics. In mustaine's case great lyrics cant make up for shit singing.
    Silas S Thompso
    Coldmystery
    I dunno I Personally think mustaine is a better songwriter. His arrangements hold up better I think. Load was a pretty good CD. It the Outlaw Torn may not be a metal song but it may be one of the best song's they ever wrote.
    Smithsc
    Agreed, mustaine is NOT a singer at all!
    pantallica95
    i liked pretty much the first seven songs. the rest i dont listen to as much. the house that jack built is my fav tho. its just awesome.
    guitarfreak222
    ok killem all great, ride the lightning great, master of puppets superb, ...And justice for all superb, the black album great, load great, reload umm NOT VERY GREAT and st anger CRAP!!!!! i just hope metallicas new album would be good.
    Skillet_Panhead
    Rambo32456 wrote: This is where metallica started to suck you donot do country with heavy metal ok megadeth stayed true to metal unlike metallica metallica are shit metal and you people saying that this is a good album are poser wannebes who don't know what good metal is metal is being heavy and not being something that your not and that what metallica is metallica's first 5 albums are awesome kill em' all ride the lighting master of puppets and justice for all and the black album but after the black album started to go downhill megadeth killing is my business and business is good peace sells but who's buying so far so good so what rust in piece countdown to extinction youthanasia cryptic writings writings megadeth kill the king is when they went back to heavy metal the world needs a hero rude awakening the system has failed and united abominations are alot more better that load reload s&m and st. anger and the new album will not be heavy because james hetfield cannot scream like he used metallica sucks end of story and megadeth rules.
    Hey, how 'bout some punctuation there, buddy? I totally agree with bigz6006, I can't take you seriously with such horrible grammar. And anyone who thinks this album is bad, WAKE UP AND QUIT FUCKING LIVING IN THE 80'S!!!! Times change, bands change. And I personally think Metallica knew what they were doing more on this album than on Puppets or Lightning. Don't get me wrong, those are great albums, but they are COMPLETELY different from Load and ReLoad. They only similarity is the band that produced them. So Load-era haters, lay off or **** off because you clearly don't know what good music is.
    guitarfreak222
    wtf this isnt metallicas worst album!!!! whoever think that must be mentally retarted this album has awesome songs with catchy riffs i wouldnt say its the best album though but i would say st anger would be their worst album
    Thom Yorke
    theyoungangus: by saying that Kirk went back to guitar school are you seriously suggesting that he wasn't a good enough player anyway?!
    thenextkirk92
    has anyone noticed at the end of king nothing Hetfield sings "off to never never land" which is of course from enter sandman? Or am i the only one who has noticed this? yeah thats wierd aye
    Shadowsoul
    This was the first cd I ever bought, and it's still my favourite album by any band to this day, 11 years later. Maybe it was because it was my first cd that it means so much to me, but I really think this album is great, it's one of those albums that I never skip a track, I love every song, the first album to be tuned down half a step adjusting the metallica sound, making for more interesting riffs, the lyrics are poetic and awesome, really well written, the music, yet no where near as heavy as there first 4 albums, has a rich full sound that just rocks. People calling these guys sell outs is ridiculous, who wants to write the same kind of music over and over? They write what they want and put it out like that and that is one of the great things about Metallica, you don't know what you're going to get with each new record. It was originally going to be released as a 2cd album but got cut short half way written because of touring, so they released the already completed songs on load and after the tour finished the rest of the songs and released reload. Metallica rock, everything they do is instantly legendary, even St Anger (typing that as I grit my teeth) but at least after St Anger we know that something better has to come out. Anyway, Load is different, obviously, (thank you you 'hardcore metallica fans' who only like the first 3 or 4 albums), things change, get over it. Brilliant album.
    bigz6006
    I have no idea what you said, but they are both good bands, though I like Metallica more. Megadeth are getting stale, they've been basically repeating the same song over and over. Apparently you were too busy listening to your 8track player of Megadeth's worst songs to pay attention in ****ing English class. I can't even take you seriously your grammar is so terrible.
    -metalhead-
    JUDGEMENTAL FUCKERS! If you reall listen to and get into load, reload and st. anger, then decide you hate it, ok. BUT TO FUCKING SAY IT SUCKS ASS WHEN YOU DIDNT EVEN BOTHER GETTING INTO IT, AND LIKING IT?! Thats ****in low...
    Rambo32456
    Metallica Kill Em All Ride The Lighting Master Of Puppets is my all time favorite metallica cd And Justice For All The Black are great albums and those cds to me is the real metallica not this stupid load and reload shit testament had gotten way more heavier than metallica with low in 1994 demonic in 1997 and The Gathering in 1999 which is my all time Favorite Testament cd of all time more better then what metallica has been doing on the new stuff if Cliff Burton was still alive they would still be metallica now all they are is a big joke And I didnot like how they treated Jason NewSted that wasnot right I donot blame him for quitting metallica I would to I would say **** you in out of here and you guys can kiss my ass all metallica are is a bunch money greedy bastards who had no right in sueing napster in 2000 just because fans were downloading their music I am glad Lars Ulrich got hated for that and he still does he is getting what he deserves and I bought load in 2000 To see if I could get into ti but I hated the whole cd it sucked I took a sewing pin and scartched it up Metallica needs to give it up now before they get worse I am going to get the megadeth boxset coming out on OcTober 2 this year I am going to get the boxset also by metallica called live shit and binge the cd and dvd set that was when metallica were still heavy and still awesome.
    Smithsc
    I disagree... but everyone's entitled to their own opinion. But at leat 'tallica had the balls to make music the way they wanted to. I rest my case.
    ericman93
    i seriously think that load may possibly be the worst metal album ever made.