Master of Puppets review by Metallica

• Released: Mar 3, 1986
  • Users' score: 9.4 (2,576 votes)
Metallica: Master of Puppets

This is by far Metallica's best, the beautiful sound from Hammett's guitar when he hits the solos is just un-beliavable. Cliff's bass is just well. Cliff Burton must I say anymore? Lars's drums are also superb, for someone who has stuck with a band for 23 years he has not ever given below 100% effort. In this album he has giving 110%. Then there is Hetfield, he sings like no man has sung before. His lyrics are a masterpiece. 4 great musicians and put together they are great, no wait they are Metallica.

01. Battery: excellent lyrics to go with Hammett's speed guitar. 02. Master Of Puppets: one of the best songs ever, it took me ages before I understood all the lyrics, as you can see it is about drugs. But even still the lyrics blow you away, especially when James shouts "master!" Then repeats it whilst fading out before Hammett hits it with a solo.(11/10) 03. The Thing That Should Not Be: great song, great lyrics, great sound, when live it is even better. 04. Welcome Home Sanitarium: Top Class! 05. Disposable Heroes: yeah it's brill too. 06. Leper Messiah: the lyrics and the guitar couldn't have fit better, it's like a jigsaw. 07. Orion: it's instrumentals like this that make you wonder who possesed metallica's brains and made St. Anger, no solos and no instrumentals. If Metallica made more of these then they would certainly be alot better. 08. Damage Inc: the long intro is worth it's wait before Hetfield screams down the mic and blesses your ears.

If it could talk it would say "buy me" but more of a scream "buy me!" Then it would have a wee solo which would convince you then back to a drum fill before "buy me, steal me, download me, just f--ing listen to me!"