Master of Puppets review by Metallica

• Released: Mar 3, 1986
  • Users' score: 9.4 (2,571 votes)
Metallica: Master of Puppets

This is the album that made Metallica the greatest meatal band of all time. Each song has an amazing tone and a great solo. There aren't many albums that have a great solo on every song on an album, but Master Of Puppets is one of them. Loaded with 8 tracks that will have any metal fan banging his head, Master Of Puppets is considered by many to be the best Metallica ablum. According to the book 'The Top 100 Metal Albums', Master Of Puppets is the greatest metal album of all time.

I don't think James Hetfeild is the most talented singer when it comes to singing melodies, but he is the best at what he does. All of the songs (with the exception of the instrumental 'Orion') have the standard Metallica lyrics that we all love. The lyrics fit perfectly with the thunderous riffs and blazing solos. They go together and create the benchmark of a great metal album.

The thing that is the most meaningful about this album is that it was the last album that bass player Cliff Burton did with Metallica. Shortly after recording the album, Burton was killed when the band's tour buss tipped and crushed him. Burton went out in style, though. Bass players that I have talked to have said that this is their favorite album for bass music. We salute you, Cliff!

Metalology
    "Leaper Messiah" is about a freak show
    METSOAD, it's not about a freakshow. It's about T.V. evangelists and religions that are just out for your money.
    warlockmaster21
    DOOD THIS IS THE BEST FRIGGIN HEAVY METAL/ROCK ALBUM EVER EVER EVER EVER (ETC.) CREATED!!!! INFINITY STARS FOR THIS ALBUM.
    Eisenhower
    I couldn't agree more! This album is downright enormous! Even though you don't like Metallica, you should by this album just because of its mere power and greatness!