Master of Puppets review by Metallica

• Released: Mar 3, 1986
  • Users' score: 9.4 (2,572 votes)
Metallica: Master of Puppets

The sound on this album is astonishing. The guitars are overwhelming, James and Kirk are probably one of the best duo in lead/rhythm guitarists or the best. The drums flabbergasted me and got me going crazy when I heard the insane drum beats in all the song, but holy shit Lars can play the drums. Cliff where to begin. He is probably one of the best bassist's around today or in the history of music RIP Cliff. This is probably the 2nd most heaviest Metallica album (Justice is in 1st).

The lyrics on this album are pure gold. Man James can sing he doesn't sing about what you would normally hear in today's music but he is singing about other stuff and trying to make sense out of his lyrics. This album is one of the best lyrical albums in heavy metal and rock ever made and it deserves # 1 even if it a classic album.

This album cannot compare to any other artists because Metallica basically invented trash and heavy metal. I love every single moment of this album, James singing, Kirk playing those amazing solos, Lars pounding the shit out of the drums and Cliff just plays his ass off when it comes to the bass. So it comes to the point where I am asked if this album were stolen/lost would I buy it again? well of course I would! If this album were stolen I would beat the living shit out of the person who stole it and if it was lost I'm charging to the store and buying it. Get this album you will not regret it.

METSOAD
    boyan89 wrote a good and correct review but missed out one important factor in thrash metal's creation SLAYER
    ledzppln1969
    Wardster : dave wrote half this album! Megadeth r better than metallica actually, you idiot, dave mustaine only wrote part of 3 songs from "kill em all", metallica's first album. he was kicked out in 1983. this album came out in 1986. he didnt write any of it, so shut up and listen to your shitty megadeth (and just so yall know, i have actually listened to megadeth "peace sells", "symphony of destruction", "hangar 18" and none of it is that great. maybe its just mustaines voice, but theyre not that great, sorry.) anyway, rock on, and metal up you ass!!! \m/
    metal4me
    Wardster, you just got owned by ledzppln1969 first of all i'd like to say to the people who rated this cd, what the hell were you thinking when you gave this album lower than a 10! and for those of you who gave this album a 10, i applaud you ...anyway yeah this album kicks more ass than you ever imagined.
    jwb89
    Metallica would most likely still be leading in the metal genre if St. Anger sounded like Master of Puppets.
    bnull24
    The last Metallica song Dave Mustaine contributed to was the song "Ride the Lightning." He wrote some of the riffs in that song, and wrote nothing else for Metallica ever after that. If Megadeth is so great, why didn't they reign as the biggest band in the world for several years like Metallica did? Bottom line: Master of Puppets will destroy any Megadeth album ever. As will many other Metallica albums.