Master of Puppets review by Metallica

• Released: Mar 3, 1986
  • Users' score: 9.4 (2,571 votes)
Metallica: Master of Puppets

In my opinion, I think this album had the most hardest sound of all Metallica's albums. You can very well hear the solos of both guitar and bass. I've seen many bands where they don't make a good impression on stage, but in "Master Of Puppets", Metallica made their stage and their band perfomance awesome, along with their music.

Of all albums, this album has got to be one of James' best singing in it, besides "The Black Album" which showed his true singing skills, but in this album, James really showed it, he put the feeling and emotion in the lyrics where they make you feel the song and understand the song.

Master of Puppets was my first Metallica album that I got for my birthday. The first song I heard, which was "Battery", I immediately fell in love with Metallica. What I love about it is how the songs tell some kind of story in them, for example in "Master Of Puppets", it explains this kind of power that controls you and in "One", it explains a wounded soldier who has has come from the war but feels somehow forgotten. If I had lost this album, I'd scream, cry, and go crazy.

[faint]
    the best freckin album i history. it was the first metallica album i listen to and it is their best album, closly followed by ride the lightning and justice for all
    Danelectroguy
    This album laid down the bar. It kicked some ass. My fave Metallica album everrrrr. Nuff said
    Afroboy267
    Chop_Suey92 wrote: the_rev wrote: not as good as the black album, but still an amazing album!! Thats gay, man. Master of Puppets is way ****in better. Metallica sold out with the Black Album. Dude, Master of Puppets was the one album that got me listening to Thrash Metal in the first ****in place. LONG LIVE METAL!!!
    You are so f***ing right Chop_Suey92