Master of Puppets review by Metallica

• Released: Mar 3, 1986
  • Users' score: 9.4 (2,577 votes)
Metallica: Master of Puppets

In my and most other peoples' opinions, we would probably say that the old-school Metallica sounds better than the newer Metallica. The band shows here that they can make their guitar skills gel with their olden sound to create the ultimate thrash-metal album. The guitar tone is phenominal and vaguely reminiscent of the album Kill 'Em All. Kirk and James show off their guitar wizardry and Lars shows his talents behind the skins in what later became Cliff Burton's farewell album. The combination of high pitched solos and harmonized guitars are what makes this album a heavy metal masterpiece. I see no way how this album could not get five stars from everybody and I was surprised to hear that ...And Justice For All sold better.

This album could have the best Metallica lyrics ever. James still has his interesting thrashy vocal delivery which only makes the lyrics jump out at you more. I would say Disposable Heroes has the best lyrics because it is fun to listen to political songs and Metallica shows their ability of covering many lyric subjects. I also was impressed with the song Leper Messiah which is probably my favorite Metallica song ever. Master of Puppets to me sounds like a dictatorship song which would explain the album art.

This is certainly an essential for any music collector and is right up there with Dark Side of the Moon as one of the greatest albums of all time. The skill of these four gentlemen sure made a huge impression on the face of rock music and their imprint will never cease to remain. (Just like The Memory). The best songs are Leper Messiah, Master of Puppets, Disposable Heroes and Battery. Theses songs are also fun to play on the guitar so check out the tabs!

Smithsc
    Have you ever wondered what 'tallica would sound like today if Cliff's life hadnt been cut tragically short? Who knows, something even more genius than puppets! Is that even possible?
    solo_freak
    DeMoNhUnTeRuLeS wrote: everyone says that this is the greatest album every created.Its very good but its not the best. I am not tryin the diss Metallica, I am A freakin HUGE fan. But in my opinion The Triptych by Demon Hunter or The Poison By Bullet for my Valentine (I cant decide) are the best metal albums ever. Demon Hunter is Nu-metal while bullet for my valentine is metalcore. But they are great albums.
    Afroboy267 wrote: megadeth2007 wrote: iron maiden is very gay! stop talking about them in a ****ing Metallica Master of Puppets review you damn dick heads. Iron maiden are gods of metal and without them there would be no metallica
    first off, how the F**K can you say an album from bullet for my valentine is better than MOP, it makes less sense than my ath homework. Then, Iron Maiden are gods, they are ****in amazing, but in my opinion metallica will always be the best. My first metallica album was ...and justice for all but MOP is better, not that justice i bad, MOP is just perfect METAL UP YOUR ASS
    livewire76
    I vote for "Matster's of all"!! :p Ok, ok.. kinda crappy joke. Amazing album. Ive already given '.. and justice' my vote for 'best' but i love MOP too. Pisses all over 'bullet for my valentine' thats for damn sure! Metal up your ass!!
    British Josh
    Sanitarium91 wrote: In my opinion MoP has everything better than Rust in Peace because I think Rust in Peace is a boring album and the lyrics... well they are the worst thing about the album. Master of Puppets truly is a masterpiece. Anyway, I understand if some people prefer Megadeth, but they usually hate Metallica because they kicked Mustaine out of Metallica. But to all of you Megadeth fans, if that wouldn't have happened there probably wouldn't be Megadeth. If you like Megadeth, fine with me, if you like Metallica, fine with me, if you like both, fine with me. Peace out...
    I disagree. Rust in Peace is not in the least a boring album! Look at Holy Wars... The Punishment Due. I love Metallica and I love Megadeth, both got great music, and the Mustain Friedman Menza Ellefson was a good lineup too, but don't say Megadeth is bad. They're a good band to, even if Mustaine is a dick.
    Door_Man
    One of the best Metallica albums ever, and probably one of the the best albums ever created. So, in other words... IT FUCKING ROCKS.