Metallica review by Metallica

• Released: Aug 3, 1991
  • Users' score: 8.7 (1,307 votes)
Metallica: Metallica

The sound on this album is unbelievable, there is a wide range of songs on this album, Nothing Else Matters, a soft meaningful song, and then the Heavy dirty-riffed Sad But True, but still there is still there is a lack of bass, except at the start of 'The God That Failed' as it is only bass, but in the rest of the album it is still hard to make out what Jason is actually playing. And they cant have excusses liek they had in 1986 (Master Of Puppets Released) that the recorsing quality, they should be able to produce a good sound, where you can hear the bass.

The lyrics on this album are brilliant, unlike 'Ride The Lightning' were all the songs are about death, in 'Metallica' each song has a different story, Enter Sandman, about a child having nightmares, Nothing Else Matters, a little repeatative, but still amazing.

Ok, yes this album is amazing, but I dont think it is Metallica's best album, by far. In my opinion this is the order of Metallica's albums: 1 - Master Of Puppets 2 - Ride The Lightning 3 - And Justice For All 4 - Metallica 5 - Kill 'Em All 6 - ReLoad (just gets the edge over Load) 7 - Load 8 - St. Anger (I didnt include, Garage and S&M, there not proper albums, but still amazing) But don't get me wrong this is still an amazing piece of work by Metallica, hense why it is arguably the best album ever! If this was stolen/lost/broken I would definitly buy a new one, and another one just incase it happened again.