Metallica review by Metallica

• Released: Aug 3, 1991
  • Users' score: 8.7 (1,310 votes)
Metallica: Metallica

Metallica slow it down in this one. This was the start of Metallica's change in music (I'm not going to get into that). I don't know if everyone else digs this album but I do. I can't help but not like every single song on this album. I think this is some of Kirk's best solos, not his fastest but his best. Most of the songs on here are pretty hard but Metallica do show some of their sensitive side on the track Nothing Else Matters. If you don't already know it's Metallica's classic power ballad. Don't worry though. Everything else pretty much the same just slower.

I think this album has James Hetfield's best lyrics on it so far. I think his singing skills are superb as well. I tend to like James' voice better during this period than the early albums. His voice is much more deeper.

Some people say that this is one of Metallica's worst albums. I say just the opposite. I think this is one of their best. The best songs from the album in my opinion are Enter Sandman, Sad But True, Holier Than Thou, The Unforgiven, Wherever I May Roam, Through the Never, Don't Tread On Me, Nothing Else Matters, and Of Wolf and Man. As I said before I love the solos and the rythem fits right in there with the solo. This album is definetly worth buying. Even if you like the older Metallica better you still need to check this album out. It will change your mind about how much you think Metallica stinks because of this album. This is the best record I've ever had and I think it will be yours too.