Metallica review by Metallica

• Released: Aug 3, 1991
  • Users' score: 8.7 (1,307 votes)
Metallica: Metallica

Metallicas 5th studio album. The sound quality is very good, the songs are shorter, more simple and mainstream, and overall much better sound than their previous release ...And Justice For All. Metallica has also changed their style, no more trash/speed metal (so don't buy this if you want it to sound like old Metallica) just pure heavy metal. Which is good.

The lyrics are very well written and deep. Especially the songs Nothing Else Matters and The Unforgiven has great lyrics. Hetfield sings great, his voice is different compared with the earlier albums, more mature now.

Well overall this is a good album by Metallica. Not nearly as good as their first 4 albums but still good. My favorite songs on this album are: The Unforgiven, Wherever I May Roam, Holier Than Thou and Nothing Else Matters. The album also contains radio hits such as Enter Sandman and Sad But True, but these songs are not that good imo. I would recommand this album if you're into heavy metal and not a fan of Metallica's music. But if you like trash/speed metal (like me) go get Kill'Em All, Ride The Lightning, Master Of Puppets and Justice For All.