Metallica review by Metallica

• Released: Aug 3, 1991
  • Users' score: 8.7 (1,307 votes)
Metallica: Metallica

This was Metallica's first release in the 90's. To me its the start of all the crap in the 90's up to St. Anger. This has to be the Metallica album with the most songs that also has videos. You got Enter Sandman, Sad But True, The Unforgiven, Wherever I May Roam and Nothing Else Matters. The songs are not the best on this album. Some songs are good like Sad But True, Wherever I May Roam, Through The Never, Of Wolf And Man and The Struggle Within. This is also the first album that was produced with Bob Rock.

The lyrics ar not so good for this album. Some songs have good lyrics but others... no. James Hetfield's vocals are so different in this album then in Kill 'Em All, Ride The Lightning, Master of Puppets or ...And Justice For All. The weird thing is to me in those four albums his vocals sound a bit different each time but from Black Album (Metallica) to present they sound excactly the same. Still good though.

Even though it ain't so good as the original four this album ain't that bad. The most impressive songs on the whole album are Wereber I May Roam and Of Wolf And Man. I don't love anything about this and I don't hate anything about this. If this were lost I would be pretty mad seeing it would decrease my metal collection that working so hard on because I'm trying to get 110 Metal albums.