Metallica review by Metallica

• Released: Aug 3, 1991
  • Users' score: 8.7 (1,307 votes)
Metallica: Metallica

The sound on this album was incredible. The guitars on this album are absolutely astounding with Kirks lead riffs and James rhythm fills in thats a guitar duo right there for you. The drums on this album are insance man Lars is one of the best drummers in the history of music. The bass is superb on this album especially in songs like The Unforgiven and Through The Never. So the sound on this album was actually really amazing and I really love it.

The lyrics on this album are really superb man James Hetfield is and always will be one of the best songwriters in heavy metal. I really enjoy the background lyrics I mean on the song Don't Tread On Me, I love it when when the whole band goes like "Don't Tread Me" in a really deep voice I find that that is sweet. I really like the lyrics "The Unforgiven."

This album is an astonishing album from beggining to end and it just cannot compare to any other artists. I don't have any favourite songs on this album because they all rule to me. I love everything about this album and I dont hate anything about it. If it were stolen/lost I would buy it again because it is defenitely a good buy for any fan of Metallica or any fan of heavy metal.

hammetfan86
    ok, so....why do people say this cd is mainstream? made for radio? cmon seriously people, give me one other album or band that sounds like metallica does on this cd...ya nobody. its original, its metallica, it kicks your ass, the solos arent just kirk hitting a zillion hammer on-offs at 90 mph, they have feeling to them, and he just keeps getting better and better, the lyrics actually mean something, unlike the previous albums, (with the exception of maybe ...and justice for all), james riffs still rock your face off, lars is....well lars, best drummer on earth, and newstead is no burton, but listen to my friend of misery, and it has some pretty kick*** bass. so you people that say this album isnt "metallica" or what metallica should be. your wrong, this album is what metallica was meant to be.
    FBS2005
    Black Album is third worst album ever done (next to Load and Reload)