Metallica review by Metallica

• Released: Aug 3, 1991
  • Users' score: 8.7 (1,309 votes)
Metallica: Metallica

Metallica's "Metallica", my first metal album. This when I first started listening to them. The general sound is made for new fans who want to get into Metallica: the hardcore riffs have been brought down a bit and ballads are now a common form in the album. These two things are good for introductory fans, but this is a big depart from the original Metallica albums, and many die hard fans will not enjoy this.

My impression of the lyrics are that they were pretty basic. You do have some good lyrics in some songs, but most of them are basic for fans to jump in. They're not as hardcore or as political as others. Most of the lyrics and music go great together. And for the singer's skills, you can hear Hetfield's new singing voice as you hear the soothing sound of him singing the Unforgiven.

This is Metallica slight depart from the basic Metallica heavy metal mold. It turns away most of the older fans because of that. But, it has sold over a billion albums over and is still selling. Despite a fan's feeling about this, I think that this brings more fans into metallica than anything. I love the riffs and soloing (Enter Sandman especially). I hate the excessive ballads. If it were stolen, I would buy it again, or just keep the one on my iPod.

Shabalaba
    The sound is very good. I love the heavy style of music. This is one of the earliest albums (it's probably the first, but I'm not sure). So I think that Cliff Rodgers (or whatever his last name is) is on the CD playing his bass
    That made me laugh Cliff Rodgers, thats funny, its Cliff Burton. Anyway i think his album is btter than master of puppets, i like the slightly slower riffs that are heavyer, dont get me wrong i have the complete backtrack of albums i just prefer this
    ZedgeZ
    this has got to be their number best album, then kill'em all, justice, master, and their best album being ride the lightning, my opinion