Metallica: Dark Souls [DVD] review by Metallica

• Content: 1
  • Production Quality: 2
  • Reviewer's score: 1.3 Junky
Metallica: Metallica: Dark Souls [DVD]

Metallica: Dark Souls Unauthorized Documentary, I read the title and I was thrilled. I bought it on-line, and rushed to my DVD player I watched (somehow) the entire 1 hour documentary. And firstly, this I was expected, it had no Metallica music, which I was keen to hear, but ok, the title says Unauthorized Documentary. Anyway, this you will be suprised to know Metallica was hardly seen in the entire DVD.

Content — 1
I'm a hardcore Metallica-fan. Metallica has been a big part of my life, and I tell you, this is not what you want if you want to learn more about Metallica. The band itself is nearly not represented in this DVD. It's just friends of the band who give the story. There's no Metallica-music, no special interviews that you haven't already seen a hundred times. If you thought it could not get any worse, guess what there are spelling mistakes, Hammett is spelt wrongly oh my God! I reccommend you never to buy this DVD.

Production Quality — 2
What can I say, released in 2003, by Chrome Dreams Video, hopeless. I mean once the content is useless, who cares if the production is good or bad. Honestly, I was too bored to notice the production quality. It seemed just like a normal, ordinary, hopeless, boring documentary which makes you ask yourself again and again, Why? Why did anyone ever think of making such a DVD?

I don't know why I bought this DVD, please however much you love Metallica, I can assure you this is a waste. I'd much rather buy Live Shit Binge And Purge, Cunning Stunts, S&M, A Year And A Half or Some Kind Of Monster. I think the only good outcome after buying this DVD is the DVD case, the picture is pretty decent and it has the name Metallica on it. That for me was the most impressive thing.

skralan
    I watched the dvd because i'm a huge metallica fan... But I noticed immediatly this was boring as shit. Still i continued watching, hoping something interesting would be told. Big dissapointment Production sucks too.
    warlockmaster21
    the dvd cover sucks. i mean that it is just typed there. no official metallica logo. look at it. it is a normal word document font. with shadow, and some other effect."DARK SOULS?" metallica isn't even about dark music. it's just plain badass heavy metal. most of their songs aren't about death. it's not like they're bloody type of band, like you would expect from slayer or other metal bands.