Metallica [DVD] review by Metallica

• Released: Jan 5, 1991
  • Content: 8
  • Production Quality: 10
Metallica: Metallica [DVD]

The story of the making of the remarkable self titled Black Album is told here via exclusive interviews, archive footage and performance, with contributions from producer Bob Rock and the band members James Hetfield, Lars Ulrich, Kirk Hammet, and Jason Newsted. We revisit the original multi-tracks of the album as well as listen to the previously unheard demo recordings.

Content — 8
Not only does this DVD share with you the making of, recording, and inspiration of Enter Sandman, Sad But True, Holier Than Thou, The Unforgiven, Wherever I May Roam and Nothing Else Matters, but it also shows you 7 exclusive never before seen interviews. However I would have liked this DVD even more if it had at least some of the music videos from the black album.

Production Quality — 10
The production quality of this DVD was very good. It looks very professional, which makes it overall a better DVD to watch. Although the production quality could have sucked and this DVD would have still been good.

Overall this was one of the best music DVDs I have ever seen I just loved watching them make this album. If this DVD was stolen I would, absolutely, buy it again. I highly recommend it.

irving297
    Afroboy267 wrote: Not as good a Master of puppets but still a good album
    i agree it lacks the thrash sound but its still kickass metal