Reload review by Metallica

• Released: Nov 18, 1997
  • Reviewer's score: 6.7 Neat
Metallica: Reload

Metallica is an amazing band with amazing music that went a little bit downhill from the self-titled, aka the Black Album, but not as much as people make it out to be. Reload is a pretty good album, although it's more of a hard rock sort of album than a true thrash metal CD, which can be disappointing, but the music is still great. As good the music is, it's still nothing very innovative, Metallica hasn't really been innovative since the self title, but it's still good music.

The lyrics also went download after the self-titled. There is one line that I really liked, the famous opening lines of fule: "Give me fuel, give me fire give me that which I desire," that's a well written line. But then the other part of the song: "Oh, on I burn/Fuel is pumping engines/Burning hard/Loose and clean," that part's kinda lame. For James Hetfield, hes still a good singer. I always like how he sings.

If you compare it to other Metallica CDs, it's on the lower side, because the first great 4 (as I love referring to them as) and the self-titled are way better than this album. But this album is better than its prequal, Load. The music overall is not that special for Metallica, but if it was some other hard rock band playing this, it would be cooler. One weird thing was in The Memory Remains, the singing in that part where it goes "la da da la da da" or something, it's kinda weird and the fact they made The Unforgiven II is a dumb idea. Even though I mosly criticized Reload, it's still a pretty tight album because it has some cool rocky riffs that are fun to listen to, especially on Fuel.