Ride the Lightning review by Metallica

• Released: Jan 1, 1984
  • Users' score: 9.6 (1,748 votes)
Metallica: Ride the Lightning

This is one of my all time favorite Metallica CD's. It is one of, if not their most complex album with some of the best rhythm guitar work I've ever heard. Not to mention all the solos n stuff. Also in terms of inovation it really is spectacular. How they come up with such cool stuff i don't know.

Deeply profund lyrics with strong political views withch never seem to start rambeling despite that. James lyrics and singing style perfectly complement the music on this album. I rekon that James Hetfield is one of the best heavy metal singers out there. His voice can convey so much from terror and frustration in One to much mellower stuff.

I really love this album for another reason and that is that it is a bit of a challenge to learn all of it. Also it seems to have matured from some of metallicas previous work in that it no longer is about monsters and stuff but instead about what they actually think. The best songs are One, Blakened and Harveter of sorrow. Their is howver, one light problem with this album. Some of the middle songs can start to run together and you can get confused about wich is witch if your not activly sitting and listening to it. It is a minor problem though. If this album was stolen i would definatly buy it again. And if your into heavy music this would be really good for you.