Ride the Lightning review by Metallica

• Released: Jan 1, 1984
  • Users' score: 9.6 (1,748 votes)
Metallica: Ride the Lightning

The guitar parts on this album are some of Metallica's more complicated riffs. Not to metion the awsome as hell solos that Kirk does. James Hetfield is one of the best rhythm guitar players of all time and Kirk Hammet is one of the best metal lead guitarists of all time and when you mix those two on an album you get this. When I heard the guitar solo on the song Ride the Lightning it blew my mind and all of the background guitar makes it even better.

The lyrics on this album are a little wierd, but the are still bad as Hell. They just seem to fit in with the guitars throughout the entire album. Not only are they good but these lyrics have true meaning behind them like on the song Fade To Black. These lyrics took some time to write and I think Metallica deserves a Big hand for writing these kick ass lyrics.

What can I except for Damn. This is one of Metallica's most underated CD's, yet it is one of my Favorite ones. The best songs on here are Fade To Black, Ride the Lightning, and For whom the bell tolls. I love the the complex power chord riffs on this album they really make you think about how good this band really is. I hate the first song Fight Fire with Fire because the lyrics are stupid but, that is the only one with stupid lyrics. This album is well worth your money unless your a puss then I suggest you dont buy it. There is so much rock n roll on this album I would just buy it to listen to the guitar parts. If you like this Album I would suggest any other metallica Cd's especially Kill em' All and anything by AC/DC, Guns N' roses, Def leppard, motley Crue, or Aerosmith. Have a nice F'in day!!!