Ride the Lightning review by Metallica

• Released: Jan 1, 1984
  • Users' score: 9.6 (1,748 votes)
Metallica: Ride the Lightning

When I first listened to this album, I almost wet myself. The sound of Hetfield's crunch of a tone and Hammett's high pitched tone goes together beautifully! Ride the Lightning is probably the best title song they have done so far. Fight Fire With Fire's rythym is so heavy it isn't even funny. The final song to bring the CD to a close is The Call Of Ktulu. The main rythym after the distortion kicks in is as heavy as can be.

Hetfield's voice isn't as annoying as he was in Kill'Em All. This is good, and means that I can listen to it over, and over, and over again if I wish. Some of the lyrics are immature, but the band at this point is only a few years old. For those who hate to listen to words over and over again, this is the album for you! It isn't anything like St. Anger!

This is the hands down best Metallica CD to date! If it was stolen, I would buy five more to replace it. After you listen to Trapped Under Ice, Escape, The Call Of Ktulu, and Ride The Lightning, you are hooked. This is a good CD for Diehard Metal Militia or the newbie to the Metallica world. Long live Metallica!