Ride the Lightning review by Metallica

• Released: Jan 1, 1984
  • Users' score: 9.6 (1,750 votes)
Metallica: Ride the Lightning

For me, this was the top of Metallica's guitar skills. Heavy metal, the best guitar playing stuff I know of. Trust me, I know a lot. 01. Fight Fire With Fire - cool intro, might confuse some stupid people who dont know whats happening, but it really depicts going from happy life to doomsday if Armageddon happens. 02. Ride The Lightning - awesome bass-guitar intro, heavy riffs, awesome soloing by Kirk. 03. For Whom The Bell Tolls - the first song I learnt on guitar, describes something about a war back in ww1, where they fought over hills. 04. Fade To Black - this song really affected my friends and me when we firs heard it. Really depressing but, thats the way I am. Awesome ending. 05. Trapped Under Ice - great beginning, and this is what I'd think of if I was trapped under ice somewhere. 06. Escape - makes you wanna freak out, or escape from whats really happening in life. 07. Creeping Death - makes me think of elementary school when I learned about moses, etc. Song almost tells a story, I can hear the riff right now in my head. 08. Call Of Ktulu - if I was ever going to make an instrumental, this is what I'd choose. Even though it sounds hard to play, it's easy after figuring it out for 5 mins. Good variety of sound on this album.

Well, they're great. Really affects me when I listen or play the songs. Gets me in a really good skull bashing mood. Jame's singing is 2nd best here, on Master of Puppets he sounds a bit better. The lyrics really flow with the music.

If you're a metal fan, and you dont have this, bu it! And if you don't like it, youre a poseur. The most impressive songs would be Creeping Death, Ride The Lightning, Fade To Black or Fight Fire With Fire. I hate nothing about this, I love all of the songs.