Ride the Lightning review by Metallica

• Released: Jan 1, 1984
  • Users' score: 9.6 (1,748 votes)
Metallica: Ride the Lightning

This was personally my favorite Metallica album. The sound was absolutely superior, and I believe that this album was way ahead of its time. The insanity of such songs as "Fight Fire With Fire" and "Ride The Lightning" combined with the pure tone of "Fade To Black" was an amazing combination, and made this album great.

Although it has been said to be the weaker part of the album, I personally loved Hetfield's vocals in this album. I am listening to "Ride The Lightning" right now, and I can see how his voice has changed immensley between then and the Black Album, but I loved the real sense of fear that was in the vocals of all the songs.

Overall this album was great! I can't honestly choose a favorite song from the album, because to me there weren't any. Metallica has truly shown their talent in this album, between the speed of "Fight Fire with Fire", the cleanliness found in "Fade To Black" and the musical talent found in "The Call Of Ktulu." I highly recommend this CD, and I know I would buy it again in a heartbeat if it was ever stolen or lost.