Ride the Lightning review by Metallica

• Released: Jan 1, 1984
  • Users' score: 9.6 (1,748 votes)
Metallica: Ride the Lightning

The sound on this album is original, breathtaking but most of all, great! The style is cool and, back then, revolutionary (one that is now lost and forgotten). Obviously now, this isn't new, but the Metallica band has expressed all its greatness in this album. Metal and heavy rock has dominated most of the albums songs. Its enough to wanna make you rock to the music.

James Hetfield was, back when this album was concieved, a great rock/metal singer. His voice was a perfect partner to the heaving sound of the guitars. The Lyrics to the songs are genuine and mostly talk about feelings and general stuff about the real world.

The Ride The Lightning album is great. Compared to other albums on Metallica and other bands: this album may stike the best interest in most people. Others however, may find the album too old skool. The best and most greatest songs on this album are only realised after a well listened session with each song (you can't tell a song from its begining). I love this dam album. Metallicas style at this time was extremely cool, and which I very much love. What really bugs me is that Metallica has changed radically and we'll probably never hear this style again. However, Metallica has made later albums that stil rock e.g. Master Of Puppets, Black Album etc. If this album were stolen, I would actully be happy 'cause the people who stole it don't have money to buy shit and they would listen to the greatness. Other than that ill bash the guy for breaking into ma house!