Ride the Lightning review by Metallica

• Released: Jan 1, 1984
  • Users' score: 9.6 (1,748 votes)
Metallica: Ride the Lightning

Metallica's second album, in my opinion, showed the world that Metallica was here to stay. Perhaps, not the greatest production or sound quality, having said that I would like to say this is among the best albums I've ever heard. It might not be as great as Master Of Puppets, but it is in its own way great, and an immortal album. The song Fade To Black is the pick of the songs as far as production and sound quality is concerned. From insane speed and thrash metal in the greatest debut album in history Kill 'Em All, to an unforgettable classic album in the form of Ride The Lightining.

Here is where you can see Metallica's change, with tracks like For Whom The Bell Tolls, Fade To Black, Creeping Death and Fight Fire With Fire, this album has some quite incredible material in it. Creeping death and Fade to black are among the greatest lyrics Metallica or for that matter any band has ever written. Hetfield, though I much prefer his voice in the later albums I think did his level best in this album. I especially like his voice in Fade to Black. Great lyrics, great compilance of the lyrics with the music, magnificent, and awe inspiring.

This has to be among the top ten greatest Heavy Metal albums of all time, First being Master of Puppets and second no matter what has got to be Iron Maiden's Number Of The Beast. Overall I love this album, its awesome, I only wish they could have added some more tracks to it. Anyway, a complete metal album. A must have for any metal lover, or headbanger.

DeMoNhUnTeRuLeS
    The best songs are One, Blakened and Harveter of sorrow. dude those are all songs for ...And Justice for All. this review is bout Ride the Lightning
    DeMoNhUnTeRuLeS
    01. Fight Fire With Fire - a really great acoustic intro. Really peacefull, but then it crashes into the worst song Metallica has ever made! The riff really sucks and the chorus is a big joke! Not to menchon the verse. I just can't listen get nyself to like this one 1.5/10 what the hell r u talking about. The solo was kickass your just a friggin idiot and are no true fan of mettalica!
    70'sdude
    "for whom the bell tolls" is without a doubt, the best song on the album. This album was the highlight of Metallica's career for a few years, but each new album that is released beats down the one before it.