Ride the Lightning review by Metallica

• Released: Jan 1, 1984
  • Users' score: 9.6 (1,748 votes)
Metallica: Ride the Lightning

The sound, as always, is awesomely heavy. I absolutely love heavy. The styles are mostly just stuff like power chords, solo's at the top of the neck with amazing effects (especially in 'Trapped Under Ice'), and pretty cool riffs.

The lyrics are a little dark but not too bad. 'Ride The Lightning' is about a man who's sentenced to death, and 'Fade To Black' is kind of depressing, but other than that it's all just political. If you've ever heard James Hetfield's voice, you know he's an unimmitatable voice. There's just nothing to it. And the lyrics fit perfectly with the riffs and the drum beat.

Metallica never comnpares to any other artist. You can go searching throughout the world and never find a heavy metal band that even comes close to their skill level. My personal favorite songs from this album include; Fight Fire With Fire, Ride the Lightning, For Whom The Bell Tolls, Fade To Black, Trapped Under Ice, Creeping Death, and Call Of The Ktulu is an amazing guitar part, but it gets a little boring after a while. I love everything, and hate nothing about it. I would buy a hundred copies of it if it were stolen or lost.

joshua029
    Fade to black is easily the best on this album.....still my metallica fav too. Bells is awesome, just like Ktulu and Creepind Death but Fade to Black is the highlight.
    gnr_fan_17
    On this album, there are songs about death (Creeping Death)
    LMFAO! Only an idiot couldn't figure out that Creeping Death is about the God's plague on the Egyptians. Even a non-Christian would've known that from reading the other reviews. You sir, are an idiot.