Ride the Lightning review by Metallica

• Released: Jan 1, 1984
  • Users' score: 9.6 (1,748 votes)
Metallica: Ride the Lightning

The sound was thrashier then any other cd. There was a lot more soul and heart put into this CD. This was a great CD; the riffs were fast and quick to the point. 01. Fight Fire With Fire - the riff is fast as any other song I have heard besides master of puppets, the only thing is this sounded a lot more thrash then metallica. There was a ton of palm muting with power chords that made it great. 02. Ride The Lightning - slower but it fits with the lyrics, the beginning harmony really kicks into riff. 03. For Whom The Bell Tolls - the intro was the best part! I love Cliff's solo! The rest of the song was ok; the solo was kind of weak. 04. Fade To Black - what can I say, the best metallica ever written. The intro is the most melodic part, the whole song is melodic. There was no crazy solo, it all flows together beautifully. 05. Trapped Under Ice - another fast song, sounds like fight fire with fire except slower with less palm muting. The solo was fast! 06. Escape - if you want a song with some harmonies, here is a song to try, it sounds like Ride The Lightning except faster. The chorus is beautiful. 07. Creeping Death - the intro may sound weird, but the main riff and the chorus riff are great!!! Fast hard palm muting and hammer ons, great solo! 08. The Call Of The Ktulu - another great song with great harmonies. This is an instrumental with some sick ass bass sounds. The solos are pretty cool.

James has one of the best voices in the world. He can make a baby stop crying. The lyrics he writes are some kick ass lyrics.

This cannot be compared to any other album because there was a ton of soul and heart. This album had the best thrash tone from metallica, the one thing I think hey could have done better was add more acoustic parts, if they had some more stuff like Fade to Black, this album would be number one. I once lost this album once and went to buy it again, so definitely buy it!

cleadus_134
    My favorite songs on this album would have to be Call of Ktulu,for whom the bell tolls, and fight fire with fire. Overall I thought this was one of their best albums.
    metal Lover
    Ride the Lightning is without a doubt the best Metallica album ever. Kill 'em ALL was the second best though. But when Cliff died Metallica Made one last good album (...And Justice for All) then Metallica Died.