Ride the Lightning review by Metallica

• Released: Jan 1, 1984
  • Users' score: 9.6 (1,751 votes)
Metallica: Ride the Lightning

The album begins with a calm acoustic guitar and then explodes into the fastest guitar playing I've ever heard and this keeps on going through the whole album. This is probably the hardest Metallica album ever behind MOP.

James Hetfield is the greatest singer in metal/hard rock and he definetly shows it on this album. In one song he sings in a deeper voice and in another he sings in a very high pitch one. He also writes the best lyrics, the lyrics in the album a very heavy and deal with death, war, and the ever popular Fade To Black that deals with suicide. I heard that people blame Fade To Black for helping them not committ suicide so that gives you an idea of how good the lyrics are.

Every single song on the album makes you want to get up and start headbanging. This is definetly one of the hardest albums ever and one of my favorites. I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Saintsatan
    Fade to bLack has nothing to do with suicide. It was written because their gear and James' favourite guitar got stolen.
    sexybeast101
    this cd kicks ass on sooooo many levels!!! every song is a masterpiece and every song could be a hit single.my fav tracks is fade to black though because it is really fun to play on guitar.