Ride the Lightning review by Metallica

• Released: Jan 1, 1984
  • Users' score: 9.6 (1,748 votes)
Metallica: Ride the Lightning

This is the album right before Master Of Puppets. In this album you can tell they are starting to pull everything together. In a sense, they are starting to mature. Kirk Hammet is starting to become the guitar legend that we know him today as. Also, Cliff Burton's basslines are supreme. Probally the bassline in Call Of The Ktulu is the best he ever wrote. The drums are significantly better than the last album, and James Hetfield makes everything work with his excellent rhythm guitar work on Fade To Black.

This is the ablum right before Master of Puppets, so James is getting better at writing lyrics. He is still not at his peak in lyric writing though. James Hetfield is a good singer in my opinion. Probally the best heavy metal singer. Hetfield's lyrics usually match the music good.

This album in my opinion is one of the best. It is the best album with Cliff Burton in it. If you want to hear Metallica in the making listen to this album. The most impressive song on this album is Fade To Black. It is perfect in every aspect. This album has been lost before, and I did buy another one.