Ride the Lightning review by Metallica

• Released: Jan 1, 1984
  • Users' score: 9.6 (1,748 votes)
Metallica: Ride the Lightning

This is Metallica's second album. This album sounds a bit more metal than their first album being 'Kill 'Em All'. Every song in this sweet album is composed of several one of a kind guitar riffs and solos. No other metal band have come close to this. There are many similar bands like Megadeth and Anthrax but Metallica still kept thta sound that was so different at that time.

The lyrics are very meaty in this cd. James Hetfield had the perfect voice for metal singing. He has a very unique singing style. That many have tried to produce themselves and failed miserably. Check out some funny videos of that on www.youtube.com for some laughs. But overall the lyrics go hand in hand with the heavy guitar riffs going at the same time.

Even thought this album was released to the public way back in 1984. It still is one of the best metal albums ever made to date. And the only reason why that is true is because Metallica itself was one of the best metal bands and still is. Even after being together for over 25 years. But in the end you have to admit that this album truely is a piece of musical art. Every metal fan should own this album. If you buy it, it won't fail to impress. I got this album as a gift and out of my huge CD collection (over 1,000) this is in my top 10 most favorite. If I ever lost this album I would go to the nearest store and rebuy it in a heart beat. I'm a huge Metallica fan but I only like their few albums released in the '80s which are their best. But every metal fan should know that.

SpeedCacophony
    Uber-rocker wrote: steveCFH wrote: Each reviewer copyed the person before them. Mine was original. And 'copyed' is spelled 'copied'.
    Huh huh, geet im maahh.
    Fly-swatter
    Metallica at their best! I would go as far to say that i prefer this to master of puppets... Fade To Black is a master piece, beautiful with amazing guitar parts,. For whom the bell tolls is amazing with punishing riffs and well...who wouldnt wanna open a concert with a masterpiece like Creeping death?
    derek5
    the call of ktuku is the best instrumental of the lot. the other ones are deadset BORING
    what the hell are you talking about! Orion was freaking amazing!
    oregonguitarist
    I LOVE THIS ALBUM!! Fade To Black is definetly the best song on the album. For Whom The Bell Tolls have one of the best intros to date. Poor Cliff...
    I'm a real boy
    GiR 2.0
    I'm a real boy wrote: I havent heard this one yet, but i find it interesting that people say stuff like 'if it were stolen, ill kill the guy' if i were faced with the choice of killing 2 people and going away in the slamer or paying the twenty bucks( i live in australia so twenty bucks here is propably 2 bucks or some crap in the U.S.) i, being a civilized person, would go down to the fine local record store and order another. No casualties and the dude who stole it listens to a great album. everyones a winner.
    Actually I prefer hard murder. I however, am NOT civilized person. I say screw the thief and kick his ass...HA!
    Brandon_leigh
    DeMoNhUnTeRuLeS wrote: 01. Fight Fire With Fire - a really great acoustic intro. Really peacefull, but then it crashes into the worst song Metallica has ever made! The riff really sucks and the chorus is a big joke! Not to menchon the verse. I just can't listen get nyself to like this one 1.5/10 what the hell r u talking about. The solo was kickass your just a friggin idiot and are no true fan of mettalica!
    u neither ,its metallica just kiddin I agree
    ironmaiden1
    master of puppets is the widely acknowledged masterpiece of metallica, there is not a single bad song on it but ride the lightning may have 2 mediocre songs which are nothing special but the others are of a much higher standard then those on MOP apart from call of ktulu which sucks compared to orion but is amazing anway, i prefer this over MOP by far