Ride the Lightning review by Metallica

• Released: Jan 1, 1984
  • Users' score: 9.6 (1,748 votes)
Metallica: Ride the Lightning

This album may be their best. I think that at this point they were at their best. The opening track, "Fight Fire with Fire" had a bit of a deceiving intro, but than explodes into the music we know and love. "Ride the Lightning" is an amazing song with extremely heavy riffs and lyrics. "Fade to Black" and "Creeping Death" both have intense solos that fit the song perfectly. I can't think of any problems with this album. The music is clear and understandable, and Kirk Hammett begins to show he is a guitar GOD.

Lyrics for this album = amazing. 01. Fight Fire with Fire: "do unto others as they've done to you, but what the hell is this world coming to?" Lyrics fit the song perfectly and stay with the topic of the title. 02. Ride The Lightning: "Someone help me! Oh please God help me! theyre trying to take it all away! I don't want to die!" Again, the lyrics fit the song perfectly and stay on topic. 03. For Whom The Bell Tolls: "Take a look to the sky just before you die, its the last time you will." Obviously, this song is about dying. Not their craziest song, but the 'solo' if you want to call it that is still fitting to the song. 04. Fade To Black: "Life it seems to fade away. Drifting further everday. Getting lost within myself, nothing matters no one else. I have lost the will to live, simply nothing more to give. There is nothing more for me, need the end to set me free" Inspiring. This song was written about suicide. The lyrics may seem depressing, but they have helped alot of people overcome suicide. Including me. This song will always be one of their best ballads ever. 05. Trapped Under Ice: "Freezing, can't move at all, screaming, can't hear my call, I am dying to live, cry out, I'm trapped under ice" I think hes trapped under ice. Lyrics stay with the title and keep the listener interested. 06. Escape: "Feel no pain, but my life ain't easy, I know I'm my best friend, no one cares, but I'm so much stronger, I'll fight until the end. This song is about being your own self and not letting a ring of people (Ring of Stupidity) control you. 07. Creeping Death: "Slaves! Hebrews born to serve to the pharaoh. Heed! To his every word. Live in fear" This song is about the story from the Bible when moses was sent by God to free his people from egypt. There were ten plagues, and the last one was the angel of death, which killed the first born child of everyone who didn't spread the blood of a lamb on their door. The other plagues can be heard on the song. 08. Call Of Ktulu: no lyrics but great instrumental. one of their best.

This album is closely tied for best Metallica album with Master of Puppets. "Fade to Black", "Creeping Death", and "Ride the Lightning", all have AMAZING solos. The lyrics and music are clear and inspiring. I would buy this album agin if I lost it, because I can't live without it.

Rynmetalfan
    RockinZiemak19
    Rynmetalfan wrote: HAHA excuse my orion comment.lol To much beer and lack of sleep. Plus I'm listening to Orion as we speak.
    Haha nice