Six Feet Down Under review by Metallica

• Released: Sep 20, 2010
  • Reviewer's score: 7 Good
Metallica: Six Feet Down Under

The sound of this CD is definetly a letdown. I can see how they wouldn't have the crystal-clear quality of the Black Album on shows bootlegged by fans, but taking somewhat damaged songs and putting them on an EP I spent $20 on for eight tracks really upsets me. Anyway, Metallica is still Metallica and the songs still rock.

James still has his signature growl, and the lyrics are obviously the same compared to what they are on the records, still amazing. His lyrical skills are great, but they cannot be captured to their fullest due to the album's poor recording quality.

This is still Metallica, the best band on Earth, but I think they could have given us better quality recordings. The most impressive songs are the most recently recorded ones, Fight Fire With Fire and Frantic. What I like about this album is that it still captures the brilliant way Metallica performs live. What I dislike about this album is, like mentioned above, the poor recording quality. If this were stolen or lost, I doubt I would replace it and if I wanted a live Metallica record, I would go for Live S**t or S&M.

ninfan200
    i think this EP is better suited only for metallica die-hards who want everything the band has released, other than that don't get it, bad sound quality alone is enough for me to not get something
    sewoo55
    This is still Metallica, the best band on Earth
    lol what? I love metallica but that statement is just.....
    HH_Emo_666
    None of these songs were recorded in 2010 or 2011. It ranges from 89-04. Maybe thats why they don't sound crystal clear?