S&M review by Metallica

• Released: Nov 23, 1999
Metallica: S&M

Talk about something completely different in the sound catagory. S&M has a dynamic tone that feels like Master of Puppets meets the soundtrack to Gladiator. The San Francisco Symphony Orchestra ads a classical twist that sounds good on songs like One, but it also sound cheesy on the more bluesy Load songs like Memory Remains.

I mean, the lyrics are the same on this record as they were on the past records, and they are still amazing. On the two new songs, -Human is ok, but No leaf Clover stands out as a perfect blend of good lyrics, mellow flowing violins, and kick ass riffs.

This is not the first combination of an orchestra with rock music (YES, Kiss, etc.), but I think Metallica works good with classicl music because Metallica has been making classical-like music for 20 years (they just do it with distorted guitars). My only problem with the sound track is the songs that Metallica and Micheal Kamen choose. If it were up to me, I would replace Memory Remains and Bleeding Me with Creeping Death and Fade to Black. If you want to buy this album, I would recommend you listen to the original recordings so you can judge this album yourself.