S&M review by Metallica

• Released: Nov 23, 1999
Metallica: S&M

I absolutely love this CD. I think its incredible that they got such a blend of sounds with a live CD. This CD sounds like it was recorded in a studio. I cannot find a single flaw in this entire CD sound-wise.

I consider this CD to be a best hits CD along with a live CD. There are only a few things wrong, in my opinion. First of all, I wanted more songs! I couldn't get into a few songs though. CD1, track 1 "The Ecstacy Of Gold." Only because it's only the orchestra. CD 2, track 4 "Human", or "Minus Human", whatever you want to call it. I didn't get into it because it's not on any other CD. I did like no Leaf Clover. CD 2, track 6 "The Outlaw Torn". I don't know why this song doesn't attract me. I think that it's just to clich.

Like I said before, I consider this CD a best hits/live CD all in one. I don't have Live Shit Binge An Purge only because it costs $50, but I'm sure that CD would fall in that category too. I remember going to a Metallica concert before I had this CD, and I heard no Leaf Clover. It was the absolute coolest thing I have ever seen: 20,000 people head banging for what seemed like 15 minutes to the part where there is no guitar solo, but not a verse, I guess you would call it a bridge. When I heard this song for the first time, I just started back up with my head banging. I love this CD. I wouldn't trade it for any other CD in the world.