S&M [DVD] review by Metallica

• Released: Jun 1, 2002
  • Content: 10
  • Production Quality: 10
Metallica: S&M [DVD]

The sound on this DVD/CD is incredible. The orchestra really give it an extra boost and it makes the songs so much stronger and they almost seem perfect. Like the 'tallica guys said in the extra documentary the orchestra's background tunes are beautiful even without the guitars, drums etc.

Content — 10
The content on this album is very well suited for the orchestra, you can understand that songs like "So What" and "Am I Evil" couldn't be played because I'm sure the orchestra wouldn't approve.

Disc one:

07. Sad But True
08. One
09. Enter Sandman
10. Battery

The content is totally great, it even features two new songs (No Leaf Clover and Human) and a 41 minute S&M documentary on how it all was done and you kind of get to know the meastro, it also has interviews with band members and you can choose camera angles on some songs to ckeck out what each of the guys are doin'.

Production Quality — 10
The production quality is pretty ace, the lighting effects are great, there's a little intro type thing to "One" which is nice. Like I said the lighting is pretty cool, the back ground screen shows neat patterns and swollen pictures of the guys in action.

Many bands have worked with orchestra's all over the world, but in any of them there wasn't as much inspiration, power and melodic songs. Its a very mellow and easy going DVD, hardly any swearing, no nudity or anything of that nature. Watching Kirk's face after a guy does a stage dive during "Outlaw Torn" is pretty funny. This is a truly great DVD and any 'tallica fan should own it. Some of the perfomances in this are much better than studio versions. If I lost my copy I would definatly get another copy.