S&M [DVD] review by Metallica

• Released: Jun 1, 2002
  • Content: 10
  • Production Quality: 8
Metallica: S&M [DVD]

I was a little skeptical before I listened/watched S&M, I mean an orchestra with metallica? But I was blown away, it was simply amazing and wow the sound? Don't get me started about that. Some of the songs were kinda ruined by the symphony I have to admit but others were friggin amazing with it like call of the ktulu. In that song I love the beginning and the end with James and the bells or whatever it was playing with him.

Content — 10
It's a live concert DVD, I've always wanted to go to a Metallica concert (can't wait until they release where they're goin in 2006) and I've seen a few songs in some older concerts but wow compared to those this is amazing. The symphony kinda holds them back in some of the stuff they usually do but wow! Amazing DVD.

Production Quality — 8
Really good camera angles and everything (kinda looks funny when it goes to the mike cam) the only downside is there are only 4 songs that have the optional angles, and I wouldn't exactly call them there best songs. But there not bad. Pretty good but I give this an 8 because I want to choose my angles on every song!

It is amazing! Really the only thing I don't like on this is the fact that the symphony does somewhat ruin some parts of there songs. But then again it balances out by making some other ones 50 million times better (Call Of The Ktulu). If this was lost or stolen I would be forced to go on a murderous rampage until I got the guy who took it.