Some Kind Of Monster [DVD] review by Metallica

• Released: Jan 25, 2005
  • Content: 10
  • Production Quality: 10
Metallica: Some Kind Of Monster [DVD]

Well it's very very good quality, I have loved Metallica for ages, this is about the production of the St. Anger album, on this website you hear people slagging off this album as well as load and other later Metallica albums. They call them sell outs, completely untrue, they play what they want to, whatever it may be, if you were in a band you would know what I mean. Anyway getting a bit off track I just had to say that. Metallica is a great band with a great metal sound.

Content — 10
As I was rambling a bit above I sorta said what this is about. It's about the making of the St. Anger album, a fabulous album. It goes as in depth as Metallica let them, Quite deep. It tells us about the relations between the worlds biggest metal band falling apart, telling us abbout the more dominent people being James and Lars. All respect to Kirt because it's as he says he trys to down his ego to be a example to the others. But then near the end they finish the album after James leaves for a year and find a new bassist. It finishes in a gig with them singing Frantic. A very good DVD.

Production Quality — 10
It's extremely well done with a lot of good moments of the band. It has even amounts of all of the band. It shows a lot of personal moments which you wouldn't expect. But yeah it's ace, very clear picture, good sound quality. Doesn't have a shakey camera. With a Metallica budget I would think it's this good anyway. It has views from all over place, in a car filming James in a little buggy, in the hills with Lars, Kirts ranch.

It is absalutly fabulous I love it, and I aint just saying that cos I'm a massive Metallica. You would find it interesting if you didn't like loads because it is genuinly interesting about the band on the verge of splitting whilst making a album. I think if it was stolen I would find the basterd who took it and get him/her 'cause I love it. Or I would buy a new one.

Shabalaba
    Slayer are ace but you got it wrong with newstead leavin cos of the concillin, he left cos james wudnt let him be in another band
    iljh
    I just LOVE this film. It helped me understand and like St. Anger more. ROCK ON, METALLICA 4-EVER!!!
    -metalhead-
    GOD this is a great movie! bought it a couple of weeks ago and watched it tgree times already! lots of bonus too
    Schnitzel_Man
    Yeah, this opened my eyes up to St. Anger a lot. I didn't like it at first, but the film made me see what St. Anger is all about, and it's a pretty damn good album.
    langerz
    yeah, it did make me understand st. anger a lot more lol i got it like the day it came out last year. great dvd!
    Hammett_4
    very impressive dvd. As the guy before me said, it really changed my view at St. Anger. I still like their old stuff more, but now I do understand en therefore like St. Anger more.
    slayersaves22
    this dvd made metallica out to be this biggest girls in music, good on newstead for leavin he wouldnt have none of that councilor crap, metallica are sell outs an now they are too weak to record an album without falling apart, i hope there new album is black album 2 other wise i will have lost faith in them all together. by the way u dont see slayer in rehab and they still make killer albums
    jfsj123
    metallica are a decent band but this film gets boring. Thats my opinion