Some Kind Of Monster [DVD] review by Metallica

• Released: Jan 25, 2005
  • Content: 9
  • Production Quality: 10
Metallica: Some Kind Of Monster [DVD]

The Movie "Some Kind Of Monster" is a documentary about Metallica's newest ablum "St. Anger". The band wa very close stopping because James and Lars was fighting all the time, James had problems with alcohol, and Their old bass player Jason Newsted just had left the band. The documentary goes very close to Metallica, and somebody will think something else of Metallica than they did before they saw the documentary.

Content — 9
There is a lot of deleted scenes, and extra material as "Kirk's Traffic School Song". It's a very close Documentary about Metallica's newest album "St. Anger", where you watch about 600 days of those guys lifes in Metallica. I'm very satisfied. I love this Documentary, and now I have a diferent watch of Metallica than I had before. The only minus with the documentary is that it's very long!

Production Quality — 10
The qualitey is a little hard to describe. It's good, and there isn't at lot of effect's. and I don't think that you need that in a documentary. There isn't any technologies or tricks in the documentary, and you don't need that. it's just filmed, and there is putted a few subtitles and then they are in the store.

The documentary only compares to Metallica. and a little "Echobrain" witch was Jasons new project. The most Impressive thing on the DVD is when james is going back to the studio from the hospital, and LArs said "Give me a riff!". Because then you know: Metallica still excists! They aren't stopped! It's very great to see Metallica over 600 days, and when they in the end play a concert where fans wrote banners: thanks because you still excists, and "We love you". I just hate that's is very long! If My "Some Kind Of Monster" DVD were stolen, then I'll buy a new. It isn't Exoensive. And if it was, I still want to buy a new!

metalifan
    This has to be one of my favourite films of all time!!! Its funny, smart and it really shows how much metallica put into St.Anger. After watching this you respect St.Anger more. The ending is amazing and it is worth your 2 hrs
    ElPincheIndio
    it's cool how metallica can be like, "here this is what happened and how" but I mean COME THE F U C K ON!!! I understand James's rehab, and Kirk's always been a not-so-macho guy, but Jason left just to stand up to James (since he was forcing him to choose between Metallica and his other bands) and then came crawlin back like a little bitch. I think the only part of the movie was when they did the promo for that one radio station. but it shows how they've slowed down and it shows how much bullshit goes into making an album that is compromised and socialist and wimpy pussy bullshit, if cliff was still around to influence them with crazy heavy shit along with still musical and classical influences (which he always did) MetallicA would rule the world as they think they do. and uh... yeah
    metdethslaythrx
    heh my favorite scene was when lars screamed **** for as long and as loud as he could into the mic and he fell over.
    guitarfreak222
    slayersaves22 wrote: this dvd made metallica out to be this biggest girls in music, good on newstead for leavin he wouldnt have none of that councilor crap, metallica are sell outs an now they are too weak to record an album without falling apart, i hope there new album is black album 2 other wise i will have lost faith in them all together. by the way u dont see slayer in rehab and they still make killer albums
    Biggest girls? LOL i would say Jonas bros for that...If you consider them music.. Plus they didn't sell out, you don't see them in every commercial or advertisement or telling you to but this or that.. THINK before saying bands have sold out.