St. Anger review by Metallica

• Released: Jun 5, 2003
  • Reviewer's score: 2 Junky
Metallica: St. Anger

It's like Slipknot or Staind or some other nu metal bullshit band's shitty left overs. When I heard the first single, I didn't know it was 'tallica til Hetfield starting singing. They used to be ground breaking and innovative, with a fuck you attitude, but now it's all Hollywood trash. Bob Rock sucks as a producer and a bass player. Bring back Fleming Rasmussen! Horrible production value. Ulrich was playing marching band drums on this album. Worst sounding Tallica album ever! No solos!?! Kirk Hammett is a fucking guitar god, but you couldn't tell from this album.

Sweet Amber? Invisible Kid? Frantic-tic-tic-tic-tic-toc? What? Que? These lyrics are worse than the ones I wrote as a frustrated 14 year old. Crap crap crap. That's all I can really say. I could neither relate or understand anything sung on this album. crap. Most of the songs only have about 30 words for the verse and the chorus. What happened to the beautiful poetry of ...And Justice For All? The awe inspiring Master of Puppets? The thought provoking Ride the Lightning? What happened to it? It's on sale for $3.95 down at the local Sam Goody. Crap.

Their worst to date. Nothing impressive. I hate everything about it. I would never buy again or recommend this album to anyone. It was not worth the 12 bucks I spent. Metallica was the first band that I evere got into. When I was 11 or so, I saw the video for Wherever I May Roam before school one day. I was hooked. I got into heavy music(Slayer, Megadeth, M.O.D.), and punk (Misfits, Black Flag, Dead Kennedys) thanks to them. I've been a loyal fan for 10 years, half of my life. I defended Load and ReLoad, and bought everything with their music in it(soundtracks, compilations). This fucking album was the last straw. Maybe Hetfield should start drinking again. Thanks for alienating another fan, motherf**kers.