St. Anger review by Metallica

• Released: Jun 5, 2003
  • Reviewer's score: 2 Junky
Metallica: St. Anger

This album sounds like a bunch of hobos smashing bin lids together. It's utterly terrible. I believe Busted's new album has a better sound than Metallica, and I hate Busted! I believe Hetfield sounds constipated and could do with a serious dose of Laxitives! Ulrich sounds like a toddler descovering how to hit a bake bean can and as for the New bassist Robert, well he really hasn't got a clue.What else is there to write other than the sound is awful, Busted's demo tapes probably sound better than this!

Lyrics? What lyrics? I think they must have been on something to write these lyrics, as they make no sense whatsoever! Either that or they truly have "lost it?" The lyrics really do not fuse withthe music, and have no relevance or link to what's being played. Shear mayhem! Singer skills? There aren;t ANY! Hetfield can no longer (and never has been able to in my opinion) sing! Metallica would suit being an instrumental band playing more songs like "Orion" or the "Call of Ktulu"!

Well it's an utter dissapointment, not what you would expect of a normally so well constructed and 'musically minded' band. Whatever you do, Don't Buy It, Download It, Borrow It Or Even Listen To It For That Matter!!! Definitely one to miss!!! Pure s***!