St. Anger review by Metallica

• Released: Jun 5, 2003
  • Reviewer's score: 4.7 Poor
Metallica: St. Anger

Metallica could have done way, way better than this. This is nothing like what Metallica did in the past, they made it worse with St. Anger. Metallica used to be thrashy, soloramas like Master of Puppets or Kill Em All. With this it is like a grunge-nu-metal crap without a single solo. It did not have an instrumental, had no cool ballads, not one acoustic sound, and worst of all, no solos! Solos made Metallica, man! They won't be great without them! The drums are queer too. Sounds like he's banging on a bowl or a gong or something. Kirk (lead guitarist) co-wrote this material too. What was he thinkin', not including solos!? Simply put, it sucks. Do not get it if you ask for the Metallica you knew.

The lyrics are like average. It would have been perfect if the music was great, which it isn't. I mean, Fran-tic-tic-toc!? what kind of gay crap is that? The singer used to be awesome in his skills, now its pretty contrived.

Yeah it can compare to other artists and albums... sucky ones! I wouldn't buy it if it were stolen, because I had not bought it anyway. I'd probably download its songs just to make fun of them. Do not buy this album if you want real Metallica. Here's something I'd share...all the rest of Metallica's albums! This is not very good at all. I hate the grunge, non-thrashy sound. I hate its lack of solos. and I hate the drums. If you like this album, you are gonna grow up believing that this is all Metallica, which it isn't.